When was the Last Time You Touched Jesus?
Devotional Questions by Pastor Shana Wise
Seeing and Believing
John 20:24-31, Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples, therefore, said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”
· Sometimes in life, you hear various reports that seem unbelievable and you say to yourself, I need to see this for myself. Have you ever had one of those moments?
So, he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
· The disciple Thomas was a touchy and feely person. You ever knew someone like that? They just cannot hear something or keep their distance; they need to see and touch it. Are you like that?
26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!”
· Jesus supernaturally appeared to the disciples without even having to open the door (or them letting in). The words he chose to speak were “Peace to you”!
· Has Jesus ever just showed up in your life? Were you behind closed doors? Meaning, did he do something for you supernatural in the presence of just a few?
· What situation do you need Jesus to speak peace to?
27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving but believing.”
· Has Jesus ever told you to do something that you had already been thinking about within yourself? Meaning, has Jesus ever brought back to your remembrance something you said concerning your faith?
· What areas of your life have Jesus made you a believer when you had been doubting his Word?
· Have you ever “touched Jesus” and believed?
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
· As you look back over your life and remember the times that God supernaturally showed up in your life, what was your response? Was it like Thomas’s, “My Lord and my God”?
29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
· It’s not just good for us to believe and trust God, but we must share our experiences with other people, especially non-believers.
· Who does God have for you to be a blessing to through your witness of Christ?
That You May Believe
30 And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.
· Do you believe in the name of Jesus Christ? Like Thomas, do you want him not just to be someone you heard about, but do you want to trust Him as your Lord and Savior?
· If so, Confess and Believe:
Romans; 10: 9-11 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”
Watch Video Message
About the Author
Dr. Shana Wise is an ordained Pastor and CEO of Wise Choice Ministries (est. 2016). She is the founder of The Well Christian Women’s Network formally known as Christian Women Preachers United. Dr. Wise is the author of women’s devotional, Acts of Intercession, and The Impact of Your Election (available on Amazon). She received a Doctor of Divinity degree in 2019 from St. Thomas Christian University. Her passion is to teach and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, equip others to apply the Word to their lives, and demonstrate the Word through the power of the Holy Spirit. She is a televangelist that appears on social media outlets and television. Shana is married to Ron Wise and is the mother of four children.
Books available on Amazon at:
Acts of Intercession
The Impact of Your Election
LIKE Facebook page www.facebook.com/mrsshanawise
Follow on Instagram at www.instagram.com/wise1too
Subscribe to YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorVUiH02KsXi08T4UJMl_A
Join W.C.M. Interactive Facebook group page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/723507005051862 to watch and participate with bible study. Interact with our online global community.